Quick Update on the North American BCOP Efforts

Chris Grundemann cgrundemann at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 04:37:11 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 11:25 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

> [...]

We've been at this for 7 or 8 years now. Related efforts all around the
world are taking root and growing.

http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/projects/bcop/

You are invited to help if you have time or ideas!

> I didn't get any traction either.

The really disappointing part is that we have been gaining traction and now
have to re-group in this region rather than smoothly continue to build.

> Guessing no one cares.

My experience says that guess is wrong. The problem is twofold. Those that
care the most are the ones who need the information, not those who have it
(for obvious reasons). Those that have the information are mostly busy
engineers, for whom writing documentation is not their favorite thing.

Cheers,
~Chris