DHCPv6 PD & Routing Questions

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Thu Nov 26 06:04:12 UTC 2015

In message <20151126053449.GA22347 at eik.bme.hu>, =?utf-8?B?SsOBS8OTIEFuZHLDoXM=?= writes:
> > Well the requesting router could announce the route.  ISC's client
> > has hooks that allow this to be done.  That is, after all, how
> > routing is designed to work.  The DHCP server usually is sitting
> > in a data center on the other side of the country with zero ability
> > to inject approptiate routes.
> >
> > The DHCP relay could also have injected routes but that is a second
> > class solution.
>
> A CPE announcing the route is fine as long as the ISP controls the CPE.
>
> If the CPE is controled by the customer, then the ISP's problems are
> similar. They need to find a way to filter the CPE's announcement so
> that it can announce only the prefixes delegated to it.
>
> András

Which is why I mentioned the DHCP relay.

Somewhere back towards the beginnings of this thread there was a
reference to a blog post that complained that they couldn't workout
how to send a git pull request to us.  I've forwarded that to our
dhcp team.  For future reference dhcp-bugs at isc.org or dhcp-suggest at isc.org
would have been fine places to send the request.  So to the bug
reporting form on isc.org which lets you select if it is bug,
suggestion or a security issue.  There also the general contact
form which would get to the dhcp team after being forwarded a couple
of times.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC