Opinions on Arista 7280?

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Tue Nov 24 18:02:34 UTC 2015

Curious if anyone's used the 7280 and wants to share their experience?
I'm looking at it primarily for three reasons, MLAG (i.e. multi-chassis
LACP), large ARP/MAC table (256k entries) and large IPv6 neighbor table
(256k entries).  For the table sizes we would like out of one pair of
switches, we'd be into the Cisco 7000 series, but that's dramatically
more expensive and we don't need much of anything else that it offers.

Looked at Brocade too, but they don't have devices that can do the multi
chassis LACP, has the huge table sizes and has a reasonable number of
10gig ports.  It was possible to construct a workable solution using
VDX's for switching and CER's for routing, but that's more complex than
Arista's option if it's a usable option.

Thanks,

David