DHCPv6 PD & Routing Questions

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Nov 24 16:47:06 UTC 2015

On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 09:39:54 +1100, Mark Andrews said:
> And a /56 gives you 256 subnets.  When you remove unnecessary
> heirachical delegation / routing that still supports a reasonable
> sized home network.

If you have a *workable* solution for the case where you're handed a /56
and are running a second CeroWRT or OpenWRT to improve coverage at the
other end of the house that doesn't include hierarchical routing,
we'd love to hear it.  Note that "workable" includes "Joe Sixpack must
have a reasonable chance of it working with minimum user configuration".

Aternatively, if you have a algorithm for hierarchical deployment that
doesn't burn through bits as fast, we'd love to hear it..