Binge On! - And So This is Net Neutrality?

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 01:28:22 UTC 2015

On 24 November 2015 at 00:22, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> Are there a significant number (ANY?) streaming video providers using UDP
> to deliver their streams?

What else could we have that is UDP based? Ah voice calls. Video calls.
Stuff that requires low latency and where TCP retransmit of stale data is
bad. Media without buffering because it is real time.

And why would a telco want to zero rate all the bandwidth heavy media with
certain exceptions? Like not zero rating media that happens to compete with
some of their own services, such as voice calls and video calls.

Yes sounds like net neutrality to me too (or not!).

Regards,

Baldur