Binge On! - And So This is Net Neutrality?

Niels Bakker niels=nanog at bakker.net
Mon Nov 23 22:42:41 UTC 2015

* chkuhtz at microsoft.com (Christian Kuhtz) [Mon 23 Nov 2015, 19:43 CET]:
>I don't know if this is NN or not, but the concept is ancient. Even
>back in the dark ages of mobile, zero rating and associated rev
>share were very common.
>
>Whether this is relevant to NN or not is for lawyers.

This is backwards.  It's definitely a net neutrality issue since it
concerns inequal access for customers to content on the Internet.
Whether it's subject to current laws or regulation is a matter for the
lawyers, but current laws and regulations at least in the US are a far
cry from actual net neutrality.  (If you want a good example of that,
look to the Netherlands.)

	-- Niels.