Rack Locks

Mike Poublon mpoublon at secantnet.net
Mon Nov 23 16:37:33 UTC 2015

Our datacenter build used RCI rack locks/handles and over the last year
of production since going live haven't had any issues.

http://www.rutherfordcontrols.com/en/products/electric-locks/3525/

We used the non-RFID model and put a standard card reader at the end of
every row. Our Access control system handles the locking and unlocking
as well as log generation (HIPAA compliant facility). These handles
would work just as well with some form of relay controller. Locking the
rack level also removed the need to allow building cages ( which would
be a waste of space in our facility).

Mike Poublon
Senior Datacenter Network Engineer
269-375-8996 Main