Binge On! - And So This is Net Neutrality?

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Nov 20 15:45:43 UTC 2015

According to:

  http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/20/fcc-chairman-gives-t-mobiles-binge-on-the-thumbs-up/

Chairman Wheeler thinks that T-mob's new "customers can get uncapped media
stream data, but only from the people we like" service called Binge On
is pro-competition.

My take on this is that the service is *precisely* what Net Neutrality
was supposed to prevent -- carriers offering paid fast-lanes to content
providers -- and that this is anti-competitive to the sort of "upstart
YouTube" entities that NN was supposed to protect...

and that *that* is the competition that NN was supposed to protect.

And I just said the same thing two different ways.

Cause does anyone here think that T-mob is giving those *carriers* pride
of place *for free*?

Corporations don't - in my experience - give away lots of money out of
the goodness of their hearts.

Cheers,
-- jr 'whacky weekend' a