Is there a DNS lookup, traceroute, ping and HTTP GET as a service?

Alex Krohn alex-nanog at gt.net
Wed Nov 18 23:48:35 UTC 2015

Hi,

> Kurt Kraut via NANOG wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm evaluating different datacenters and vendors accross the globe and it
> > isn't worthy to perform tests like DNS, traceroute, ping and HTTP GET from
> > my office. I need to be able to perform this tests remotely, from multiple
> > endpoints.
> >

> Have you checked out some of the website monitoring sites?

Can also look at GTmetrix:

    https://gtmetrix.com/

which has rest api to launch real browser from a bunch of different
locations and then can access the HAR file to see time to first byte,
dns resolution, and a bunch of other metrics.

    https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.nanog.org/INgQIGE6#waterfall

Full disclosure, GT owns it (but you can do everything you want with
free api).

Cheers,

Alex