Is there a DNS lookup, traceroute, ping and HTTP GET as a service?

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Nov 18 17:24:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

> About RIPE ATLAS, I already have one of their boxes and it never worked.
> Simply doesn't appear as online. Their support just barely gave me some
> tips but with no meaningful result. I need something reliable and I'm
> willing to pay for this service. RIPE Atlas falls in the category of 'best
> effort'.

RIPE Atlas probes? you just plug them intoa working network with DHCP and
away they go - I'd investigate why it doesnt work - RIPE expect probe users
to be technically proficient and that the networks that the probes are on arent
RIPEs to debug/troubleshoot.   once you have a working one iy can do tests but
you then also have access to the testing system that they offer allowing you
to do on-demand tests for various things from probes around the world whever you
want - depending on how many points you have. I have a few million or so points :-)

alan