Is there a DNS lookup, traceroute, ping and HTTP GET as a service?

Mick O Donovan modonovan at btireland.net
Wed Nov 18 16:50:50 UTC 2015

Hi there,

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 02:38:28PM -0200, Kurt Kraut via NANOG wrote:
> About RIPE ATLAS, I already have one of their boxes and it never worked.
> Simply doesn't appear as online. Their support just barely gave me some
> tips but with no meaningful result. I need something reliable and I'm
> willing to pay for this service. RIPE Atlas falls in the category of 'best
> effort'.
>

> Best regards,

I find this surprising. Like many hundreds/thousands of people around
the globe I find RIPE ATLAS an excellent and reliable way to get the
measurements you require.

You may not have had the best experience with your probe setup but I'm
sure that if someone can assist you with setup you'll be pleasantly
surprised at the ability the network of probes has to fulfill your needs
- after all it is the biggest measurement network on the internet today!

(at least that's what my t-shirt says)

Regards,

Mick

--

Mick O'Donovan | Network Engineer | BT Ireland |
Website: http://www.btireland.net