Project Fi and the Great Firewall

Yury Shefer shefys at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 17:43:03 UTC 2015

With Wi-Fi calling it gets a bit more simplified (no "transit" operators in
user plane) and may provide better privacy (only your home country will
monitor your calls, lol). The UE establishes IPsec tunnel over the Internet
to the home operator and uses it for native VoIP/messaging applications.

--
Best regards,
Yury.