Updated Ookla Speedtest Server Requirements

Janusz Jezowicz janusz at speedchecker.xyz
Sat Nov 14 13:11:10 UTC 2015

We have done lots of 1Gbit testing in last months while improving our
own speed tester for 1Gbit. We found Speedtest.net very inaccurate on
1Gbit (especially in IE)

If anyone is interested in our test results feel free to have a look here>

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6260259/BSC%20HTML5%20Speedtest%20vs%20NetGauge%20-%201Gbps%20testing%20-%20evaluation.xlsx

Our test setup was - We spawned 2x 1Gbit network instances on Amazon
EC2 and measured throughput between them.

We found DSLReports being much more accurate, on top of being HTML5
based. Of course we are very biased because we offer speed test as
well, but I hope it prompts someone to verify if results from Ookla on
1Gbit connections are what they expect.

Janusz

http://www.speedchecker.xyz