EoMPLS vlan rewrite between brands; possibly new bug in Cisco IOS 15

Jonas Bjork mr.jonas.bjork at me.com
Sun Nov 15 01:31:58 UTC 2015

Dear Mr. Jeff,

Thank you for your reply. Below is the complete output in question (l2 is short for l2transport).
You are mentioning platform capabilities and that the default might have changed. How do I alter this?

pe#sh mpls l2 vc 42 d
Local interface: Po190.42 up, line protocol up, Eth VLAN 42 up
  Destination address: X.X.1.89, VC ID: 42, VC status: down
    Last error: Imposition VLAN rewrite capability mismatch with peer
    Output interface: none, imposed label stack {}
    Preferred path: not configured
    Default path: no route
    No adjacency
  Create time: 00:00:59, last status change time: 00:31:40
    Last label FSM state change time: 00:00:18
    Last peer autosense occurred at: 00:00:18
  Signaling protocol: LDP, peer X.X.1.89:0 up
    Targeted Hello: X.X.0.2(LDP Id) -> X.X.1.89, LDP is UP
    Graceful restart: not configured and not enabled
    Non stop routing: not configured and not enabled
    Status TLV support (local/remote)   : enabled/not supported
      LDP route watch                   : enabled
      Label/status state machine        : remote invalid, LruRnd
      Last local dataplane   status rcvd: No fault
      Last BFD dataplane     status rcvd: Not sent
      Last BFD peer monitor  status rcvd: No fault
      Last local AC  circuit status rcvd: No fault
      Last local AC  circuit status sent: DOWN PW(rx/tx faults)
      Last local PW i/f circ status rcvd: No fault
      Last local LDP TLV     status sent: No fault
      Last remote LDP TLV    status rcvd: Not sent
      Last remote LDP ADJ    status rcvd: No fault
    MPLS VC labels: local 242, remote 1199
    Group ID: local 0, remote 0
    MTU: local 9216, remote 9216
    Remote interface description:
    Remote VLAN id: 42
  Sequencing: receive disabled, send disabled
  Control Word: Off (configured: autosense)
  SSO Descriptor: X.X.1.89/42, local label: 242
  Dataplane:
    SSM segment/switch IDs: 0/0 (used), PWID: 142
  VC statistics:
    transit packet totals: receive 0, send 0
    transit byte totals:   receive 0, send 0
    transit packet drops:  receive 0, seq error 0, send 0
pe#

Anyone else: feel free to join in. Maybe we have any L2VC/PW ninjas watching.

Best regards,
Jonas Bjork