Google Captcha on web searches

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 16:15:54 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 11:09 AM, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:

> On 11/Nov/15 18:03, Christopher Morrow wrote:
>
>> it's in wikipedia, so ... someone did :) But yea, don't use dns
>> servers that lie to you UNLESS you understand very well what that lie
>> is going to be and under what conditions you'll get the lie.
>
> Well, there is a ton of them offering pay-for services online that seem
> to work for millions of people globally.
>
> I suppose those folk are okay with the "lies" those resolvers tell - but
> there is a specific use-case for those, as you may know...

Yes, people also jump out of perfectly good airplanes... we can't fix
all the things :(
my point really is you assume some risk when you do odd things with
basic plumbing on the internet, if you don't actually know what you
are doing you're going to get burned.

Quoted from Wikipedia:
"Dangers of Use[edit]
The dangers of using an unknown IP as a Smart DNS are similar to any
other rogue DNS server preforming DNS hijacking in that the user is
not aware which parts of his traffic are redirect and intercepted."

-chris