Google Captcha on web searches

Chris Murray chris at ipstuff.ca
Tue Nov 10 22:43:04 UTC 2015

Hi Nikolay,

The "popular open dns services" you refer to appear to be Proxy/VPN
services that also provide DNS to get around region blocking. These
services proxy and/or NAT users behind a single IP address to make it
look like you are coming from a different country.

I may be biased, but when I think of popular open DNS services I think
of OpenDNS or Google DNS, and you should *never* see a captcha as a
result of using OpenDNS. Disclaimer: I work for OpenDNS, and while I
can't speak to Google DNS, I have never heard of this behaviour with
their service either.

Just wanted to clarify.
- Chris