AWS Elastic IP architecture

Andras Toth diosbejgli at gmail.com
Sun May 31 11:23:37 UTC 2015

Congratulations for missing the point Matt, when I sent my email
(which by the way went for moderation) there wasn't a discussion about
Classic vs VPC yet. The discussion was "no ipv6 in AWS" which is not
true as I mentioned in my previous email. I did not state it works
everywhere, but it does work.

In fact as Owen mentioned the following, I assumed he is talking about
Classic because this statement is only true there. In VPC you can
define your own IP subnets and it can overlap with other customers, so
basically everyone can have their own 10.0.0.0/24 for example.
"They are known to be running multiple copies of RFC-1918 in disparate
localities already. In terms of scale, modulo the nightmare that must
make of their management network and the fragility of what happens
when company A in datacenter A wants to talk to company A in
datacenter B and they both have the same 10-NET addresses"

Andras