300+ms of hotel wifi bufferbloat - peaking at 1.5 sec!

Steven Tardy sjt5atra at gmail.com
Sun May 31 01:25:33 UTC 2015

There's a corollary of the bufferbloat phenomenon: buffer drain time. It's not the size of the buffer, but how long it takes to empty. And US ISPs continue to say "customers don't want upload speed".
If the ISP upload speed was symmetric you'd likely never notice the 1-2MB of buffers.

I guess what I'm getting at is why do you continue to say buffers are too big instead of saying ISP upload is too slow?