gmail security is a joke

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Fri May 29 06:42:45 UTC 2015

On 28 May 2015, at 22:18, Rich Kulawiec wrote:

> On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 03:13:37PM -0400, William Herrin wrote:
>
>> My first dog's name was a random and unpronounceable 30-character
>> string.
>
> I think this (Bill's) is a very good practice.

That's what I should do. Instead, I pull down the list of candidate
questions and think to myself...

  - I didn't go to a high school
  - I don't understand this other high school reference
  - I don't watch sports
  - I don't have a favourite sports team
  - I wonder vaguely whether that question actually had anything to do
with sports
  - I don't have a favourite pet
  - I don't know my grandmother's middle name, and never did
  - I don't have a favourite colour
  - I've never owned a dog
  - Are pets ever really owned?
  - Doesn't that speak to the denegration of others based on species?
  - Aren't we against that?

and around this point, I start to think

  - I've had enough of this
  - this is too hard
  - I don't even remember what I am signing up for at this point
  - I am going to look for amusing cats on youtube

Joe