Capacity/transit costs vs growth

Rafael Possamai rafael at gav.ufsc.br
Thu May 28 00:10:03 UTC 2015

If I understand your question correctly, the answer is: it depends. You can
model the cost of delivering your service and keep track of three types of
cost: fixed, variable and marginal. Here is a really good video that
explains these:

https://youtu.be/bBQVaRnHqLs

You might find an industry average for certain economies of scale, but each
system is so unique in it's cost structure that you have to model it from
scratch. Just keep in mind that every model works with TRASH IN => TRASH
OUT, so if you make the wrong assumptions, your answers won't be realistic.