gmail security is a joke

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed May 27 17:41:01 UTC 2015

On Wed, 27 May 2015 16:11:19 +0300, Saku Ytti said:

> This is second reply to this notion. I don't understand what is attempted to
> communicate. I'm sure no one on nanog thinks BGP hijacks are rare, difficult
> or yield to consequences when called out.

What *is* rare is a BGP hijack done solely to intercept a confirmation e-mail
sent to Joe Sixpack when he's trying to get his Gmail account back. Can anybody
provide a *single* example of that being done?

Now, if it's Joe CEO or Joe Prime Minister, the calculus changes a bit. But
as I said - at that point, you have bigger things to worry about.