[SECURITY] Application layer attacks/DDoS attacks

jim deleskie deleskie at gmail.com
Sat May 23 14:32:55 UTC 2015

To many pieces to answer on a weekend on NANOG, but those of us that work
in the DDoS space the last number of years have seen huge growth in the
application layer attacks. This does not mean a decrease in volumetric
attack, just that now you have to worry about both and lots of each.  FW's
while they have got better are still not the solution for many reasons.
Moving things to the "cloud" helps in come cases but not all.  This is an
arms race, the better we protecting the better the "bad guys" get at
attacking.

-jim