bing on v6

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu May 21 19:47:51 UTC 2015

> On May 21, 2015, at 3:34 PM, Bajpai, Vaibhav <v.bajpai at jacobs-university.de> wrote:
>
> Dear NANOG,
>
> We do not see AAAA entries for www.bing.com since Sep 2013 anymore [1].
> For sure this is only from our measurement vantage points, so may not
> be true globally. Does anybody know the backstory of what happened?
>
> [1] http://goo.gl/K1Zx4u (see: slide 23/32)

There are a few others that turned it off after IPv6 day and/or launch such as bit.ly.

I have heard that some of the outstanding top 25 properties are going to launch IPv6 ‘soon’, where that may be some point in 2015.  I know many people have been hesitant as they don’t have the same resolver -> ip mapping data for IPv6 yet.

- jared