Low Cost 10G Router

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Thu May 21 00:03:01 UTC 2015

On 5/19/15 1:22 PM, Colton Conor wrote:
> What options are available for a small, low cost router that has at least
> four 10G ports, and can handle full BGP routes? All that I know of are the
> Juniper MX80, and the Brocade CER line. What does Cisco and others have
> that compete with these two? Any other vendors besides Juniper, Brocade,
> and Cisco to look at?

In the same price range as the MX80 there is the Alcatel SRa-4/8 router.
These will do 100g in and out, and handle full tables.  You get redundant
control modules vs. a single on the juniper.

BGP is multi-threaded on the box, does RPKI for route verification, and it's
got extensive HQoS functionality amongst other features.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
727-214-2508 - Fax