Low Cost 10G Router

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Wed May 20 17:07:55 UTC 2015

Well, the cores on a many-core CPU aren't going to have the "torque" that a Xeon would. They're also still working on the software. It has gotten a ton better over the life of the CCRs thus far. BGP is still atrocious on the CCRs, but that's because the route update process isn't multithreaded. It won't be multithreaded in the next major version either, but they will have done some programming voodoo (all programming is voodoo to me) to reign in the poor performance issues with full tables.

https://youtu.be/ihZiAC-Rox8?t=37m8s

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions