Low Cost 10G Router

Pavel Odintsov pavel.odintsov at gmail.com
Wed May 20 13:17:16 UTC 2015

Hello!

Ray, I could suggest switch from multi physical CPU configuration to
single. Like Intel Xeon E5-1650/1660/1680 or even Xeon E3 platforms.
Because multi processor systems need really huge amount of knowledge
for NUMA configuration and PCI-E devices assignment for each NUMA.

Secondly, I could vote many times for Supermicro! :) Dell or HP are
really ugly systems for soft routers. CPU frequency tuning, PCM
debugging are real nightmare on this systems. Please beware of they!

Supermicro is very clear and do not block useful functions of platform.

--
Sincerely yours, Pavel Odintsov