Measuring DNS Performance & Graphing Logs

Zayed Mahmud zayed.mahmud at gmail.com
Tue May 19 17:34:39 UTC 2015

Hello!
This is my first message to NANOG's mailing list. I hope someone can help
me.

I was wondering which tool(s) can I use to measure the performance of my 3
DNS servers (1 primary, 1 secondary, 1 solely cacheDNS)? From the stats I
would like to know if my DNS server is serving as it should be or if any of
it's options are set inappropriately and others alike.

I looked for a while but could not find any. Any help would be highly
appreciated. I am running bind9 on UNIX platform.

Question 2) I would also like to know how can I graph my DNS logs? And how
can I integrate it to my CACTI server as well? I couldn't find any suitable
plugin. Any suggestion?

Best Regards,

*Zayed Mahmud*

*Senior Core & IP Network Team,*

*Banglalion Communications Limited, Bangladesh.*