Is anyone working on an RFC for standardized maintenance notifications

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Thu May 14 11:53:40 UTC 2015

Whoo...  Yeah, we had a WG on that, back around 2000 or so...  The determination was, as I recall, that it didn't need to be part of SNMP, but it kind of went off the rails in an all-things-to-all-people sort of way.  But my memory is vague.  Erik Guttman might remember more clearly.

Anyway, the idea is a good one, and if you can keep it constrained to a reasonable scope, I think you should find good support.

                -Bill