Is anyone working on an RFC for standardized maintenance notifications

Robert Drake rdrake at direcpath.com
Tue May 12 15:19:06 UTC 2015

Like the "Automated Copyright Notice System"
(http://www.acns.net/spec.html) except I don't think they went through
any official standards body besides their own MPAA, or whatever.

I get circuits from several vendors and get maintenance notifications
from them all the time.  Each has a different format and each supplies
different details for their maintenance.  Most of the time there are
core things that everyone wants and it would be nice if it were
automatically readable so automation could be performed (i.e., our NOC
gets the email into our ticketing system. It is recognized as being part
of an existing maintenance due to maintenance id# (or new, whatever) and
fields are automatically populated or updated accordingly.

If you're uncomfortable with the phrase "automatically populated
accordingly" for security reasons then you can replace that with "NOC
technician verifies all fields are correct and hits update ticket." or
whatever.

The main fields I think you would need:

1.  Company Name
2.  Maintenance ID
4.  Expected length
5.  Circuits impacted (if known or applicable)
6.  Description/Scope of Work (free form)
7.  Ticket Number
8.  Contact