Recommended 10GE ISCSI SAN switch

Sameer Khosla skhosla at neutraldata.com
Wed May 13 14:27:11 UTC 2015

If price is a major concern, take a look at the Force10 S2410.  They tend to go for under $2k on ebay.  Very basic L2 cut-through low-latency switch.  Only drawback is your choice is XFP or CX4 for ports, but if you have server nics with CX4 then you are off the races for very little money.

Whatever switch you use, don't forget to adjust MTU to 9k+.

+1 for SSD based storage, if you are using a vmware environment the newer versions of vsan support all-flash-arrays, worth taking a look at.

Sk.