RPKI Validator 2.19; export ROAs as RPSL route: objects

Alex Band alexb at ripe.net
Tue May 12 13:59:56 UTC 2015

Hello,

We've been getting a lot of requests to make processed RPKI data easily available in existing (RPSL based) workflows. This is why we added the ability to export all ROAs as route: objects in the latest release, version 2.19. Practically, this means that running an RPSL export will give you almost 450,000 highly reliable, cryptographically validated route: objects.

This functionality should be considered beta for now, because we would like to get your feedback on the notation and the way we de-aggregate ROAs into route: objects based on the specified maximum prefix length.

The format looks like this:

route: 193.0.12.0/23
origin: AS3333
descr: exported from ripe ncc validator
mnt-by: NA
created: 2015-05-07T10:01:56Z
last-modified: 2015-05-07T10:01:56Z
source: ROA-RIPE-NCC-RPKI-ROOT

For details on the implementation, please refer to the README:
https://github.com/RIPE-NCC/rpki-validator/blob/master/rpki-validator-app/README.txt#L185

Here's a link to a snapshot I just made:
https://alexband.nl/temp/export-20150512.rpsl.zip

You can download the RPKI Validator here:
https://ripe.net/certification/tools-and-resources

We look forward to your feedback. Pull requests are welcome too. :)

Cheers,

Alex Band
Product Manager
RIPE NCC