Alcatel-Lucent 7750 Service Router (SR)

Josh Reynolds josh at spitwspots.com
Thu May 7 17:10:43 UTC 2015

You know where these people wouldn't fit? W/ISPs.

Every three years or so you are forklifting the majority of your wireless PtMP for either a new series or a totally different vendor. New backhaul vendors often. You're building AC and DC power plants. You likely touch Cisco, juniper, HP, mikrotik, ubiquiti, Linux, windows, *BSD/pfsense, lucent, accedian/ciena, etc due to various client and network requirements all in the same week, AND you have to make them work together nicely :)

It's not the environment for somebody like that, and I truly don't understand how people of that.. "caliber" end up working on large scale WANs and global transit networks.

Frankly, it scares me a bit.