Network Segmentation Approaches

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 6 21:25:23 UTC 2015

this is really a form of: "A subnet should contain all things of a
like purpose/use."

that way you don't have to compromise and say: "Well... tcp/443 is OK
for ABC units but deadly for XYZ ones! block to the 6 of 12 XYZ and
permit to all ABC... wait, can you bounce off an ABC and still kill an
XYZ? crap... pwned."

segregation by function/purpose... best bet you can get.