IPTV providers in IN/Chicago

Mike Leber mleber at he.net
Fri May 1 14:28:47 UTC 2015

Because selling transport is really good revenue for facilities based
carriers everywhere and the revenue per deal is higher than selling the
same amount of Internet access (even if the bits are going to the other
side of the planet).

Consider that 1 Gbps metro ethernet layer 2 transport circuit might be
between $1500 and $3500 per month (wild guess) and the commodity
residential gige Internet access is is starting look like it's going to
be between $70 and $350 per month.

A transport sale is good money they can pick up off the ground just by
saying yes.  I'm sure if you were a sales rep you'd like selling metro
ethernet loops for the larger commissions and the larger customers that
it got you involved with.  If you were a regional sales director for a
carrier you'd especially like how these help your sales group more
quickly make your numbers.  These deals are priced to pay for extending
the physical plant as well.

Any carrier that doesn't help a customer with a transport request ends
up effectively sending that customer to a competitor, with the result
the customer then pays the competitor to extend their physical plant to
the customer's location in the original carriers territory.

Mike.