ADSL Line Extenders

Josh Reynolds josh at spitwspots.com
Fri May 1 02:41:04 UTC 2015

1Gbps Aggregate.

AF24/AF24HD are ~ 750Mbps/750Mbps at max modulation. That is a PtP
system though, not PtMP.

If you need to carry ADSL traffic, you most likely need a
"timing-enabled" (can't remember the RFC) radio. RadWin and Trango
should fit the bill, likely others.

Honestly though, I'd ditch the ADSL if possible. Depending on the
terrain, wireless may work. It's not magic, and won't shoot through
acres and acres of trees, but if you have a good line-of-site (60% clear
1st Fresnel zone), those are prime subscribers for 5GHz Ubiquiti Rockets
+ Sectors and ~$100 CPE devices. Don't put more than 25 or 30
subscribers per sector, and you can easily hit 10Mbps per sub with a
modest oversubscription ratio. If you went for the RM5-AC line in PtMP,
you might be able to do 40Mbps per sub.

Josh Reynolds
CIO, SPITwSPOTS
www.spitwspots.com