Experience Brocade ICX7750 and other vendor SFP

Joe McLeod jmcleod at musfiber.net
Tue Mar 31 17:37:04 UTC 2015

That is true for the ICX as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: NANOG [mailto:nanog-bounces at nanog.org] On Behalf Of Olivier Benghozi
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 9:13 AM
To: nanog at nanog.org
Subject: Re: Experience Brocade ICX7750 and other vendor SFP

I don't know if ICX behave like the FCX, but on those equipments, other_vendor_SFPs work perfectly (Finisar, Skylane CWDM 70km, at least).
However the brocade won't let you use "optical-monitor" on them if they are "standard coded", so you won't be able to check optical values (tx/rx dBm levels and so on). Having the other_vendor_SFP coded as a "Brocade SFP" will do the trick however.

> Le 31 mars 2015 à 14:44, Joe McLeod <jmcleod at musfiber.net> a écrit :
>
> +1 on Brocade ICX 6610 with other vendor's optics.  We're using the 6610's as aggregation route/switches with a mix of Cisco, Alcatel, and 3rd party optics (one of which is a 10G BiDi) and have had no issues.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

believed to be clean.