Google served from non-google IPs?

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 20:07:23 UTC 2015

Hi Jason,

This is not commonplace. That prefix is from a specially designated IXP
micro allocation block. See http://bit.ly/1OEcHde for detail. The use of
these specially designated blocks is for IXPs only.

We (Akamai) don't have equipment numbered into this type of address space
nor do we have any evidence that we have in the past. We certainly won't in
the future. If someone knows of anything that we missed, contact me
directly and we'll arrange to renumber.

Hope that helps.

Best,

-M<