Broken SSL cert caused by router?

Ray Soucy rps at maine.edu
Fri Mar 27 19:36:12 UTC 2015

It might be filtering the CRL or OCSP verification for the SSL
certificate.  For GoDaddy I think this would be:

http://crl.godaddy.com/
http://ocsp.godaddy.com/
http://certificates.godaddy.com/

We ran into this when OS X changed how it handles SSL a few years
back, our captive portal was presenting a splash page in place of
Thawte OCSP and crashing the SSL keychain process.  The work-around
was either to respond with a TCP RST for these requests or to allow
them through.

--
Ray Patrick Soucy
Network Engineer

T: 207-561-3526
F: 207-561-3531

MaineREN, Maine's Research and Education Network
www.maineren.net