Frontier: Blocking port 22 because of illegal files?

Jens Link lists at quux.de
Thu Mar 26 12:10:35 UTC 2015

Stephen Satchell <list at satchell.net> writes:

> It's been a while since I did this, but you can select an additional
> port to accept SSH connections.

That's easy:

jens at screen:~$ grep Port /etc/ssh/sshd_config
Port 22
Port 443

> Picking the right port to use is an exercise, though, that will depend
> on what other services you are running on your server.

I always have at least one sshd listening on port 443. For all the
hotel, coffee house, customer networks blocking ssh.

You can even multiplex and run ssh and ssl on the same port:

http://www.rutschle.net/tech/sslh.shtml

Jens