Last-call DoS/DoS Attack BCOP

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 16:47:10 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 8:50 AM, John Kristoff <jtk at cymru.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 08:27:14 -0400
> Rob Seastrom <rs at seastrom.com> wrote:
>
>> John's statement was in the context of general advice to be included
>> in a BCOP document and I felt compelled to say "whoa there".

ok, that was my reaction as well.

> My intent was for it to be taken as a DDoS mitigation response option,
> not as a general practice.

ok, I read over the bcop, I'm certain I wouldn't have used some of the
words on the page, I'm certain that there are things suggested which I
disagree with (mass filtering at your edge, if you are an ISP, all the
time)... but I've not got the energy to poke too  much more at this
document :( and folk will find their balance anyway.