Comodo

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Thu Mar 19 21:02:00 UTC 2015

This is a one off message and I will not reply to any public posts. But
it's gotten to the point that I am quite angry by the underhanded sales
tactics by a company that I once considered reputable.

I have available discounted SSL certificates via a small reseller
account with SRSPlus.  I get a very good price via this service on
Thawte's ssl certs.

Comodo sales droids are now calling my customers to offer them
discounted SSL certificate renewals.  However they are quoting them
retail prices.  I am paying well under posted retail prices and
generally sell them to my customers at about 50% of what Comodo is
claiming to be a discounted price.

Comodo is cold calling business owners that have no idea what a SSL cert
is for a website and trying to sell them something they know nothing
about.  My customers contact me for their website needs and I take it
from there.  I bill them after I pay for the cert via my resellers
discount program.

Enough.  Just fair warning to rest of this list about this practice from
Comodo.  End of subject from me.

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.