Getting hit hard by CHINANET

Eric Rogers ecrogers at precisionds.com
Wed Mar 18 12:32:22 UTC 2015

We are using Mikrotik for a BGP blackhole server that collects BOGONs
from CYMRU and we also have our servers (web, email, etc.) use fail2ban
to add a bad IP to the Mikrotik.  We then use BGP on all our core
routers to null route those IPs.

The ban-time is for a few days, and totally dynamic, so it isn't a
permanent ban.  Seems to have cut down on the attempts considerably.

Eric Rogers
PDSConnect
www.pdsconnect.me
(317) 831-3000 x200