Supporting network time software development/maintenance (was: Re: BCOP appeals numbering scheme -- feedback requested)

Rob Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Mon Mar 16 19:48:01 UTC 2015

New subject so as to minimize threadjacking, not the least because this is important stuff.

Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org> writes:

>> Releng is hard and thankless but adds enormous value and
>> serves as a forcing function for some level of review, cursory though
>> it may be.
>
> I think so too.
>
> Hey everybody, please support Network Time.  Spread the word.  OK, I said it.

The check, as we say, is in the mail (literally).  I wish I'd known
about Network Time Foundation before you and I started corresponding a
little over a week ago about GPS cores.

> Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
> http://networktimefoundation.org - be a member!

NANOG colleagues, I know it can be hard getting the employer to pony
up for organizations like this, but if correct timestamps in your logs
and being able to correlate your packet captures are something you
find personally valuable and sanity-preserving, you might consider an
individual membership.  I know it's pretty important to me...

http://nwtime.org/individual-membership-application/

-r