BCOP appeals numbering scheme -- feedback requested

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Sun Mar 15 21:20:25 UTC 2015

Rob Seastrom writes:

> The wiki/living document approach others have suggested seems like a
> poor one to me, for the same reason that I dislike the current trend
> of "there's no release tarball, major release, point release, or
> regression testing - just git clone the repository" in free software
> development.

And I like wikis for some things, here it might work (I haven't looked)
and I still do release tarballs with version numbers and some (we're
actively adding more) regression/unit/functional testing.

> Releng is hard and thankless

:)

> but adds enormous value and
> serves as a forcing function for some level of review, cursory though
> it may be.

I think so too.

Hey everybody, please support Network Time.  Spread the word.  OK, I said it.
--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>