Google served from non-google IPs?

ITechGeek itg at itechgeek.com
Sat Mar 14 21:32:44 UTC 2015

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 5:09 PM, Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists at gmail.com
> wrote:

> > I'm surprised they don't set aside a small piece of their IP space that
> an
>
> 'they' and 'their' here are confusing, which 'they' and 'their' did you
> mean?

In this case they being Google and their being Google's IP space (but you
can replace Google w/ any provider using caching servers).

When I was using Comcast 6to4 gateway, the latency wasn't too bad (I'm a
Comcast customer).  If the anycast is being broadcast from a regional
datacenter and your ISP has good connectivity, the latency shouldn't be bad
(in the QIX case above, the latency shouldn't be any worse than QIX's IPs
unless someone started advertising the same anycast subnet w/ a lower cost).

-ITG (ITechGeek)
ITG at ITechGeek.Com
https://itg.nu/
GPG Keys: https://itg.nu/contact/gpg-key
Preferred GPG Key: Fingerprint: AB46B7E363DA7E04ABFA57852AA9910A DCB1191A
Google Voice: +1-703-493-0128 / Twitter: ITechGeek / Facebook:
http://fb.me/Jbwa.Net