FCC releases Open Internet document

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at cable.comcast.com
Thu Mar 12 17:28:39 UTC 2015

Note: IANAL and this is my *personal* reading (in no way the view of my
employer). I¹m only 7 pages in as well, so this is likely under-informed
and in another 300+ pages I will become more enlightened...

Part A.16. No Throttling. "...A person engaged in the provision of
broadband Internet access service, insofar as such person is
so engaged, shall not impair or degrade lawful Internet traffic on the
basis of Internet content,application, or service, or use of a non-harmful
device, subject to reasonable network management."

They then say in A.17 (which is not the rule I don¹t think but still
probably carries weight in some way) "...It prohibits the degrading of
Internet traffic based on source, destination, or content."

Unfortunately the rule itself only seems to speak to content, not source
or destination. Did someone miss adding that to the rule?

- Jason