distinguishing eBGP from show ip BGP

Reza Motamedi motamedi at cs.uoregon.edu
Wed Mar 11 20:27:22 UTC 2015

Thanks again, Mark.

So I guess the short answer is that I can't infer anything about the
location of physical connectivity having this level of information from the
control plane. Is that a fair statement? What if the "Next Hop" is inside
the neighbor AS. I know it is a rather odd and uncommon case, but can it
help?

Best Regards
Reza Motamedi (R.M)
Graduate Research Fellow