Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

Scott Helms khelms at zcorum.com
Tue Mar 10 19:04:53 UTC 2015

Barry,

First, I want to apologize.  I (badly) misread your email, but in case I
should not have responded that way.  I would have gotten this out sooner,
but I was traveling back from the CableLabs conference.

Second, my assertion is simply that Usenet servers aren't automagically
symmetrical in their bandwidth usage and that trying to build a system off
of NNTP so that each broadband subscriber became in effect a Usenet server
wouldn't work well without significant modifications.

Third, if anyone cares the Usenet server we ran was news.america.net

Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology
ZCorum
(678) 507-5000