Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

Kelly Setzer Kelly.Setzer at wnco.com
Tue Mar 10 13:21:32 UTC 2015

Many other organizations who were innovating will be affected by the new
rules.  Many of those organizations are very small and cannot afford the
army of lawyers that Verizon can.

Judgements as to whether Net Neutrality helps or harms any specific
industry will be inevitably guided by politics.  The mere fact that
politics has become a guiding factor in Internet-related public policy is
an indicator that we must tread cautiously.

And, no, I do not think recent regulatory efforts have been suitably
cautious.  Enacting unpublished rules violates the spirit and history of
open design, open discussion, and open standards that have made the
Internet what it is today.

Kelly

On 3/9/15, 10:55 AM, "list_nanog at bluerosetech.com"
<list_nanog at bluerosetech.com> wrote:

>They want to bang on about the ruling harming innovation and
>competition.  My response: "Well, you were neither innovating nor
>competing as is, so no harm done."

******* CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE *******

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your system. Thank you.