symmetric vs. asymmetric [was: Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality]

James R Cutler james.cutler at consultant.com
Sat Mar 7 14:50:48 UTC 2015

Frank,

Are your measurements taken at the campus boundary or within the campus network?

I remember the confusion when Centrex was first introduced at UMich. The statistic there that confounded was call durations wildly exceeding models, but mostly within the campus, not to the outside world.  Could there be peer to peer traffic that you do not see?

James R. Cutler
James.cutler at consultant.com
PGP keys at http://pgp.mit.edu